Start-up Management and Support
Provide leadership and support to plan and implement a start-up process for capital projects that achieves the fastest possible schedule to going operation at the lowest cost. Start-up consists of the planning and implementation of Commissioning, Qualification, and Verification of equipment/process, people, raw and packing materials, and technical/business systems. Start-up activities ensure that:
- The right equipment is installed correctly, and it operates per design specifications yielding desired throughput, process reliability, and quality.
- The work system is designed and implemented, and teams are qualified in the skills needed to achieve the start-up criteria and start-up curves.
- Qualified raw and packing materials are available in sufficient quantities to support the start-up.
- Systems are designed and implemented for integrated risk management, package and product quality, production reporting, controls and information systems, reliability, and quality assurance.
Technology Transfer & Training (TT&T)
TT&T is a systematic approach to assist personnel develop the capabilities to safely start-up and sustain new or modified operations at high levels of performance. The TT&T process includes the preparation of training materials to be included in the on-going training system with an emphasis on developing the skill and knowledge that influences human performance. TT&T is broken down into separate activities:
- Technology Transfer (TT) is the process by which the expert provides the learner with information needed to perform a new action or behavior associated with the start-up. The expert must verify that the new behaviors will actually work based on the training material that has been prepared. Modifications to the training material may be required in order to achieve learning objectives.
- Training (T) is the set of activities the learner undergoes to acquire knowledge and skills required to perform specific activities. The approach to training includes study, classroom, hands-on, practice, and qualification phases.
Supply Chain Reliability is a systematic, disciplined strategy and approach to improve supply chain stability, predictability and performance by:
- Increasing production system reliability
- Introducing initiatives and new manufacturing processes and operations at high performance levels, accelerating speed to market
- Developing a deep understanding of the key transformations required to deliver consumer quality
- Defining and building the culture & capability to sustain reliable operations
Autonomous Maintenance/Progressive Maintenance (AM/PM)
Integrated Work System/High Performance Work System (IWS/HPWS)